MakerLabs CNC Operator/Fabricator
MakerLabs is a makerspace in Vancouver, Canada. Located at 780 East Cordova Street, MakerLabs provides the tools, space, and skills to make almost anything.
MakerLabs is looking for a permanent, full-time FABRICATOR / CNC MACHINE OPERATOR to help design and bring project ideas to life. The successful candidate will assist clients utilizing 2D and 3D computer aided design (CAD) programs, and operate laser/plasma cutters and other computer numerically controlled (CNC) machining tools to complete projects.
- Setup, program, operate, and maintain CNC machines to perform machining operations for manufacturing projects;
- Work with clients to determine project specifications and requirements
- Recommend appropriate materials and processes;
- Design files for CNC machining;
- Operate CNC machines for metalworking projects and woodworking projects (where applicable);
- Operate manual metalworking and woodworking tools (where applicable); and
- Train and mentor junior staff and interns.
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. The successful candidate must have:
- Demonstrated experience with using 2D and 3D CAD programs similar to Inkscape, SketchUp, and Autodesk Fusion360.
- At least six months experience designing files for CNC machining, and operating router/laser/plasma cutters.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Job Type: Full-time
Please email resumes to email@example.com. We would like to thank all candidates for applying. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
MakerLabs is a makerspace that places tools and transformative technologies in your hands. It’s a space for learning, where you can practice and hone skills to create almost anything. It’s a social community rooted in the ideas of open access and exchange — a place for like-minded people to build together.
MakerLabs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.