MakerLabs Community Manager
MakerLabs is seeking a full or part-time Community Manager (CM) to join our team. This role oversees the day-to-day duties as well as larger projects associated with community management. Community managers are also responsible for education and outreach initiatives, member and studio administration, and client communication. We are looking for someone to bring their own experience to the team while growing and strengthening the overall vision of MakerLabs.
The Community Managers lead the weekly team meetings, schedule orientations, prioritize and complete community projects, manage membership and studio space onboarding/offboarding, and space activation, among various other tasks and projects. The day-to-day duties are reception tasks including answering emails, phone calls, and in-person inquiries. The projects are often diverse, and we welcome our staff to develop and work on passion projects as well. This position requires someone who is able to engage the public via tours and events, while being efficient and motivated. Weekends and occasional extended work hours are required to meet the needs of the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome, educate, and encourage members at MakerLabs
- Know all members by name and something about them
- Attract and engage volunteers
- Oversee the organization, safety, and maintenance of the labs
- Event coordination
- Create and manage content on the website, newsletter, and social media outlets
- Create and enforce policies and procedures regarding safety, training and access to the space.
- Respond to public inquiries, as well as material and fabrication inquiries
- Manage inventory and consumables
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Customer service experience
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Must have proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated, a fast learner and takes initiative
- Possess a constant desire to learn, improve, and optimize everything
- Strong sense of situational awareness
More About MakerLabs
MakerLabs is a workshop that places tools and transformative technologies in your hands. It’s an educational facility, where you can learn the practical skills to create new objects and opportunities. It’s a social environment rooted in the ideas of open access and exchange—a community of like-minded members building together.
MakerLabs was born out of a vision of creating the best possible space for creation, and making it accessible to anyone with an idea. With the rise of crowdfunding and the increasing availability of digital fabrication technologies, we see a new era of entrepreneurship ahead of us, where people of all backgrounds can launch projects that will change the world. And we believe that everyone has a revolutionary idea inside them! We want to harness the open and collaborative culture of the Internet—where anyone with the inspiration can kickstart a project or learn something new—but in the physical realm. All you need is an accessible space, the right tools, and the support of a community: that’s MakerLabs.
- Statutory pay
- Full membership
- Tool and lab orientations
- 24/7 building access
Please email resumes to: email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday, March 1st @ 5PM
We would like to thank all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.