Date: May 14th, Saturday
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Place: MakerLabs, 780 E Cordova St.
In this 3-hour wax carving workshop, we will take you through each step of the process - from an introduction to the tools, ring design, sizing, wax carving and polishing. We will provide instruction and share tips, but our workshop has no strict lesson plan. We would like you to enjoy yourselves and create your dream jewellery.
Previous experience in jewellery is not required, nor is any sculpting or drawing skill. The wax carving process uses basic tools, which makes it easy for everyone to design and carve a unique and personalized ring.
Step 1. Big block of wax!
Step 2. Carve block into base form of ring.
Step 3. Engrave wax with details. Done!
We will cast in sterling silver, then file and polish to make the finished product!
Step 4. Pick up the ring in 2 weeks. Same place; same time. Easy!
Sign up for it here: http://grey.beckichan.com/product/silver-ring-workshop-june-11th
- No experience necessary + all supplies included.
- Space is limited to keep instruction optimal and intimate.
- Don’t know her/his ring size? Bring one of their rings and I will tell ya.
- If you want to sign someone up for a workshop as a gift, we'll send you a gift box with a piece of wax and a small note inside. So you have something to give them!
- Extra $30 for wider than the standard size (5mm).
- Extra $90 for another ring.
*These classes are non-transferable and non-refundable so please be sure you can attend before you purchase!
*Silver rings shown are student work. See more of their work here: facebook.com/JewelleryWorkshopVancouver