The MakerLabs fabrication team delivers projects from concept to creation, working with clients to create everything from the sublime to the incredible. As one of Vancouver's most accessible and multidisciplinary fabrication shops, we work with individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, and institutions from all over the world.
- 2D & 3D design
- Laser cutting & engraving
- CNC machining
- Painting & finishing
- Electronics & microcontrollers
- LEDs & lighting
- Fabrics & textiles
- Plastic fabrication
- Installations & activations
- Education & outreach
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
As a fabricator you will be...
- Determining project requirements and generating quotes
- Creating and implementing fabrication strategies and processes
- Designing 2D and 3D files for visualization and digital fabrication
- Operating CNC tools as well as traditional tools
- Managing project deliverables and client expectations
- Teaching tool orientations
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Spreading maker culture
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Flexible work schedule
- Vacation pay
- Statutory pay
- MakerLabs membership privileges and 24/7 access
- All tool orientations
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "I want to be a Fabricator". We would like to thank all candidates for applying. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
MakerLabs is a makerspace that places tools and transformative technologies in your hands. It’s a space for learning, where you can practice and hone skills to create almost anything. It’s a social community rooted in the ideas of open access and exchange — a place for like-minded people to build together.
MakerLabs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.