MakerLabs General Fabricator
Our fabrication team delivers projects from concept to creation, working with our customers to create everything from the sublime to the ridiculous. As Vancouver's most accessible and diverse fabrication workshop, we work with individuals, entrepreneurs, small businesses, and large corporations across the lower Mainland and Canada.
- 2D and 3D design
- Laser cutting and engraving
- Electronics and lighting
- Fabrics and textiles
- Acrylic and Plastics
- Installations and activation's
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a fabricator you will be taking ideas from concept through to creation.
- Determining customers requirements, and coming up with creative and efficient methods to meet them.
- Planning around customer needs, ambiguity and unforeseen changes.
- Creating and working with 2D and 3D designs
- Designing for and operating digital fabrication machines such as the CNC router and laser cutter, as well as traditional power and hand tools
- Project management
- Teaching orientation classes (after gaining sufficient experience)
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Industrial Design, Arts, or other relevant discipline.
- 2D vector drawing and 3D modelling experience.
- A passion for making and maker culture.
More About MakerLabs
MakerLabs is a workshop that places tools and transformative technologies in your hands. It’s an educational facility, where you can learn the practical skills to create new objects and opportunities. It’s a social environment rooted in the ideas of open access and exchange—a community of like-minded members building together.
MakerLabs was born out of a vision of creating the best possible space for creation, and making it accessible to anyone with an idea. With the rise of crowdfunding and the increasing availability of digital fabrication technologies, we see a new era of entrepreneurship ahead of us, where people of all backgrounds can launch projects that will change the world. And we believe that everyone has a revolutionary idea inside them! We want to harness the open and collaborative culture of the Internet—where anyone with the inspiration can kickstart a project or learn something new—but in the physical realm. All you need is an accessible space, the right tools, and the support of a community: that’s MakerLabs.
- Statutory pay
- Full membership
- Tool and lab orientations
- 24/7 building access
Please email resumes to: email@example.com
We would like to thank all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.