Terms of Service and Liability Release Waiver
I agree to follow all rules and regulations of Laser Cutter Cafe, Inc. DBA MakerLabs (hereafter the “Labs”) while in, upon or about the premises or while using or observing the premises or any facilities or equipment, or participating in any program affiliated with the Lab, and understand and agree that I may be expelled at any time, with no refund of any monies paid, for failure to abide by such rules and regulations.
IN CONSIDERATION OF BEING PERMITTED TO ACCESS OR USE THE FACILITIES, EQUIPMENT, SERVICES AND/OR PROGRAMS OF THE LABS FOR ANY PURPOSE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO OBSERVATION OR USE OF FACILITIES OR EQUIPMENT OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY LAB PROGRAM, I HEREBY AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. I freely and voluntarily accept and assume all risks, dangers and hazards associated with participating at the Labs.
2. I acknowledge that there are inherent risks, dangers and hazards when using hand tools, power tools, computer controlled tools, lasers, and other equipment commonly used in construction, fabrication, software design, and other technology-related activities. Participation in such activities and/or the use of the equipment and tools associated with technology design, manufacture and experimentation may result in injury, illness, death or damage to personal property. These risks and dangers may be caused by other participants, members or by accidents, acts of nature, or other causes. Risks and dangers may arise from foreseeable or unforeseeable causes including, but not limited to electrocution, burns, impalement, injury from slips or falls.
3. I understand that it is my responsibility to abide by all applicable Labs safety policies and guidelines that the Labs may impose from time to time. I acknowledge that the Labs may change these policies and guidelines from time to time and it is my responsibility to inform myself of the new policies and guidelines and that any new policy or guidelines governs my use and participation of the Labs and its facilities and equipment.
4. I, FOR MYSELF, ANY PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, ASSIGNS, HEIRS AND NEXT OF KIN, HEREBY FULLY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the Labs, its officers, directors, Board of Directors, members, volunteers, employees or agents (the “Releasees”) and each of them from any and all claims for injuries, damages or loss that I may have or which may accrue to me from my presence in, upon or about the premises or while using or observing the premises or any facilities or equipment, or participating in any Labs program.
5. I HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees and each of them from any loss, liability, damage or cost they may incur from my presence in, upon or about the premises or while using or observing the premises or any facilities or equipment, or participating in any Labs program.
6. I further expressly agree that the foregoing ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE, WAIVER AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province of British Columbia and if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
7. I agree this Waiver and the agreements it contains will be governed exclusively in all respects by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia.
8. I confirm that I am of the full age of nineteen years, that I have had sufficient time to read and have read and understood what I am agreeing to before signing it.
THIS AGREEMENT APPLIES TO ALL PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE VISITS AND USES BY ME TO THE LABS, FACILITY, OR PROPERTY.
I HAVE READ AND VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT THIS ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE, WAIVER AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, and further agree that no oral representations, statements or inducements apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made and I understand that this agreement cannot be modified, waived or interpreted except in writing by the Labs and that no oral modification or interpretation shall be valid. This agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns, in the event of death.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY AND HAVE HAD ANY QUESTIONS I HAD ABOUT ITS CONTENTS OR PROVISIONS ANSWERED TO MY FULL SATISFACTION. I ACKNOWLEDGE MY RESPONSIBILITIES AND THE EFFECT OF THIS LIABILITY WAIVER.