MakerLabs is seeking a Community Manager (CM) to join our team. This role oversees the day-to-day duties as well as larger projects associated with community management. Community managers are also responsible for various outreach initiatives, member and studio administration, and client communication. We are looking for someone to bring their own experience to the team while growing and strengthening the overall vision of MakerLabs.
The Community Managers lead the weekly team meetings, schedule orientations, prioritize and complete community projects, manage membership and studio space onboarding/offboarding, and space activation, among various other tasks and projects. The day-to-day duties are reception tasks including answering emails, phone calls, and in-person inquiries. The projects are often diverse, and we welcome our staff to develop and work on passion projects as well. This position requires someone who is able to engage the public via tours and events, while being efficient and motivated. Weekends and occasional extended work hours are required to meet the needs of the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome, educate, and encourage members at MakerLabs
- Know all members by name
- Oversee the organization, safety, and maintenance of the labs
- Event coordination
- Create and manage content on the website, newsletter, and social media outlets
- Create and enforce policies and procedures regarding safety, training and access to the space.
- Respond to public inquiries, as well as material and fabrication inquiries
- Manage inventory and consumables
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Must have proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be a fast learner, and able to take initiative
- Possess a constant desire to learn, improve, and optimize
- Strong sense of situational awareness
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Full member privledges
- 24/7 access
- Lab orientations
- Statutory pay
Job Type: Full Time
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your application please indicate your desired range in compensation. We would like to thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.