Fabrication Technician (Overnights)
The MakerLabs fabrication team delivers projects from concept to creation, working with clients to create everything from the sublime to the incredible. As one of Vancouver's most accessible and multidisciplinary fabrication shops, we work with individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, and institutions from all over the world.
We are seeking an overnight fabrication technician to join our team, who will be responsible for operation and maintenance of our digital fabrication equipment: Laser Cutters, CNC Table Router and Plasma Cutter. When needed, they will also assist with assembly and finishing, reporting directly to the fabrication manager.
- 2D & 3D design
- Laser cutting & engraving
- CNC machining
- Painting & finishing
- Electronics & microcontrollers
- LEDs & lighting
- Fabrics & textiles
- Plastic fabrication
- Installations & activations
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
As a digital fabrication technician you will be...
- Operating CNC Tools: Laser Cutters, CNC table Router and CNC plasma cutter machinery
- Preparing files for digital fabrication and production
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Working closely with our Fabrication Manager to deliver project on time
Skills and Qualifications:
- Technical diploma or equivalent experience
- Experience using 3D & 2D modelling programs, such as fusion 360, solidworks, inkscape or illustrator
- Experience in a shop environment is an asset
- Strong self-governance and initiative
$15/hour Shifts: 9pm-6am or 12am-9am Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Fabrication Technician". We would like to thank all candidates for applying. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
MakerLabs is a makerspace that places tools and transformative technologies in your hands. It’s a space for learning, where you can practice and hone skills to create almost anything. It’s a social community rooted in the ideas of open access and exchange — a place for like-minded people to build together.