Digital Fabrication Intern
Duration: 4 to 12 months
Digital Fabricators are an integral part of the design thinking approach we strive for at MakerLabs. In this role you'll need to be a problem-solver, project planner, industrial designer, safety expert, software guru and everything in between. Above all else, your job is to observe, take initiative and to help design/build new systems to create a more integrated experience for all members at MakerLabs where ideas can be brought to life!
This is a great position for makers, engineering students or students looking to bolster their professional and creative skill set. We hire for personality as well as experience and will happily train the right candidate.
· Creating a fun, safe and engaging environment for our members · Making yourself available to members for questions and assistance · Assisting members with their projects and in safely using equipment · Brainstorming project design ideas and suggestions · Possessing a working knowledge of tools and equipment · Learning, knowing and enforcing MakerLabs rules and policies
Length of Co-op:
- 4 months (with the possibility of extending to 8 months)
- 8 months (with the possibility of extending to 12 months)
· Relevant industry, job or hobbyist experience · Fantastic customer service skills and a desire to work closely with people · Knowledge of vector-based drawing (programming knowledge an asset) · Ability to quickly learn new software applications · Excellent verbal and written communication skills · Strong organization skills with attention to detail
$15/hr + free membership, free classes, equipment training & the opportunity to work with an amazing group of peers and members
- Interests: Maker Movement, DIY, Electronics, Arduino
- Technical Practice: Experience in Agile Development Process/Working experience in a Start-Up an asset
- Technical Skills: Experience in vector-based drawing programs, 3D rendering software, knowledge of different programming languages an asset
- Marketing + Business: Relevant Industry, job and hobbyist experience
- Strengths: Motivated team player; passion for learning new software, excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organization skills, attention to detail, enjoy the process of learning and sharing, desire to collaborate with others
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.